- Voter registration before the fireworks went really well. People were nice and receptive.
- The older democrat demographic *LOVES* Doodle. We brought her to a potluck, where she entertained the masses by running around, dancing, spinning in circles and climbing on the couches. They adore her.
- Lewiston parade: super. Doodle got to pet some horses, and had fun sitting on the float.
- Hyrum parade: hot and not so super. We were both ready to be done at that point. A friend said she saw us looking tired and bored on the float. Oops!
- The Cruise-In: noxious gas fumes, mostly. We only saw some of the cars. My favorite was a silver rocketship-like car that resembled the Ambiguously Gay Duo's phallomobile.
- The duet choreography is DONE! Now we just need to practice it and polish it before the show in two weeks.
- My Mom is coming to town for the show (see above). I'm really excited. She has never seen me dance.
- We're now chicken sitting for J's advisor. The flock is 20 hens, 1 obnoxious and territorial rooster, and a baby chick. The chick is an indoor bird right now, and follows us around in the house. If she (the chick) loses sight of humans, she'll start cheeping loudly until she can find someone. Really cute. Doodle loves playing with the chick. Hopefully we'll get some pics this week.
- Because the darn rooster woke us up at 5:45 this morning, Doodle is napping right now. This is only problematic because the city crew is outside oiling and graveling our street, and there is all sorts of cool heavy machinery out there. It's right outside our front door, and she's missing it! Oh well. Better to have a rested Doodle.
07 July 2008
Highlights from this past weekend, and the near future: