01 August 2008

School's out for summer!

It's true - I'm done with teaching for the summer. No more pencils, no more books, no more students' dirty looks... Okay, I'm done singing. I taught my four lab sections of human reproduction and contraceptives this week - to a receptive audience of a whopping 16 total students. Woohoo! Hey, every bit counts, right? At least I got a lot of practice saying "vaginal" and "cervical" and "intercourse" over and over and over. Good times.

I also had the privilege of proctoring the Human Anatomy final at 7:30 this morning. Ugh. Fortunately I was able to work on grading with the instructor and another TA, and we finished grading all of the exams by noon! Hooray! I really am done...until Aug. 25th when fall semester starts.

Wait. Where did my summer go?!

Yep, it's flying. Such is life.

Tomorrow we're planning on hitting the gardener's market, hoping to score a bigger bed at a friend's yard sale (!!!), and packing up for our trip to the Tetons. Sunday we depart on our trip. Monday J & FunEllen take a climbing class while Doodle and I explore the park (plus a possible trip into Jackson with hopes of some sweet thrift store finds). Tuesday we play. Wednesday more Teton playing, plus probably heading back to Logan. Thursday it's back to the grind, with some political action to boot. It's looking to be a busy week, but a good one. Have a great weekend!

No comments: