02 February 2010

Crafting...still...

I seem to have gone off the crafty deep end being home with the kiddos. Projects I've started or am thinking about include:
  • making 8 necklace/earring sets for my bellydance troupe. - I have all of the earrings done, and one necklace done.
  • making my first real quilt. Think at least twin-bed-sized. - I completed my first panel today, and got the fabric cut out for 6 more panels tonight. It'll be 25 panels total.
  • double-layered circle skirt for Doodle. - DONE. Finished this today. Not sure why I thought the glittery fabric wouldn't be so bad once it became a skirt. Holy fairy orgy, Batman! The GLITTER! It is EVERYWHERE. We're going to be finding glitter in things for YEARS thanks to this skirt. But Doodle loves it, so I grin as I pick another 10 pieces of glitter off of Little. For the fifth time today.
  • fluffy flirty skirt for me, out of that ridiculously bright polyester I mentioned before. - Still in the designing process, trying to decide whether to make a gored skirt for myself now, or wait until I lose a few more pounds of baby weight. Besides, it's still effing cold outside (high of 35ish yesterday felt sooo nice), so I have nowhere to wear the skirt right now if I do get it done soon. Okay, this one can wait.
  • corduroy skirt for me, from thrifted 70s rust-colored corduroy. - Still designing, waiting for a skirt book from the library.
  • corduroy jumper for Doodle from same corduroy. - Still in the designing process, need to borrow a friends' pattern.
  • another quilt as a gift - this one will be simple and pretty quick. Nothin' fancy. - I'm repurposing a thrifted duvet cover, keeping one side intact while hacking apart the other side to make blocks for a big, blocky quilt. I have a vision, but not all the material. So it's technically still in the designing process too.
On top of this I have a bellydance improv solo performance at the end of the month to prepare for (Indian Oven Feb. 27th, 8pm! More info soon), and more choreographing of our troupe music before late March (Club Cairo on March 27th). Plus keeping the house from becoming a total disaster, not neglecting the kiddos, feeding the kiddos, spending time with J... yeah, I may be trying to do too much. Again. Always.

I'll post periodic updates on my list if for no other reason than to help me feel accomplished. And because, as J will confirm, I love lists.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

You are officially insane. We need to get out more. Next time the sun comes out and I don't have strep throat we're hitting up green canyon with the goal of finding a small sledding hill for the 3 year olds. It's my dream right now...

matt said...

Nothing like a little cabin fever to bring out the crafting bug, eh?